Consulting Service Areas
- Site Evaluation
- System Sizing
- Production Estimates
- Proforma Modeling
- Financial Attributes
Request for Bids & Proposals
- Bid Document Drafting
- Solicitation of Bids
- Vendor Pre-Qualification
- Technology Comparison & Recommendations
- Bid Analysis & Award
- Contract Review & Negotiation
- Warranties & Guarantees
- Utility Interconnection
- Project Oversight
- O&M Contracting
- PR Support
- Tax Analysis
- SREC Contracting
- Bank Financing
Telecom Infrastructure Services
Project Management Services (PMS) as a specialized service that provides its clients end-to-end project management services encompassing the entire life cycle of telecom infrastructure implementation - starting from site survey to site integration. Silverton's Project Management helps complete compliance and ensures that all issues are strictly managed and controlled to the required specifications. In addition Silverton's Project Management Services also includes supply of skilled manpower for Project Management activities on time and expenses basis.
Scope of Project Management Activities:
- Site Survey & Layout
- Site Design
- Site Implementation
- Co - ordination & Liaison
- Quality Assurance
- Verification of Contractor / Supplier Bills & Project Closure
Silverton's teams of experienced RF Engineers deliver highly reliable services to our clients. Our RF Engineers are highly adept at handling the latest RF investigation tools like TEMS Drive Test Kits.
Aster provides the following Radio Frequency Engineering services for all wireless Networks (GSM, CDMA & WiMax):
- RF Planning, Transmission Planning and Network Design
- CW Drive Tests and Model Tuning
- RF Survey and Site selection
- MW LOS Survey and Link Engineering
- Network Audit
- Drive Test & Network Optimization
- Comparative Drive Tests and Benchmarking
- RF Optimization and KPI Analysis
- Spectrum Analysis
Silverton's RF Engineering Resources are well trained to use state-of-the-art industry standard tools for design, planning and testing the networks to ensure that the network design meets the network performance objectives of the customer.
Some of the Network Planning Tools that our engineers are trained to used in RF Planning and Network Design:
- Aircom's Asset Planning Tool
- Forsk Atoll Planning Tool
- Pathloss 4.0
- Aircoms' Connect Link Planner
The ultimate goal of a RF site survey by Aster is to acquire ample information to determine the number and placement of access points that allows optimal coverage throughout the facility.
RF site survey is carried out in the following steps:
Line Of Site (LOS) Survey
- Collect list of Nominal's to be surveyed, from the customer. In case of new town surveys where Nominal's are not provided, Aster will survey the town and provide a nominal for suitable site location
- Use the survey report template forwarded by the customer
- Identify physical location of the proposed nominal and locate 3 candidates (maximum) for each nominal, as per search ring size suggested by the customer
- Survey the site for RF suitability
- Record Latitude and Longitude, building height etc. of the proposed candidates
- Estimate and provide required GSM Antenna heights and orientation, proposed tower / pole location (s) will also be marked on a rough sketch of the building (rooftop) or ground site (for each candidate)
- Take site photographs (360 degrees panoramic view and building / site elevation) for each candidate as given in the survey template by you
- Record physical addresses of the candidates and site owner / manager contact details (where available)
- Complete the Site Survey Candidate evaluation report
The ultimate goal of LOS survey is to have MW connectivity between the two sites to ascertain the Line of Site clearance. The LOS survey is carried out physically checking the terrain between the hop and selecting the sites for acquisition. The survey is highly critical because any failure in LOS can lead to a delay in project and a subsequent loss on account.
LOS survey is carried out in the following steps:
- Collect Nominal's of proposed site and those of the nearest locations to which customer proposes the LOS connectivity & Verification
- Record latitude, longitude, building data, obstruction data and surrounding terrain data on the LOS Survey template
- Generate LOS Path Profile for the proposed Link using Pathless 4.0
- Generate LOS report for the proposed Link using Pathless 4.0.Conduct physical survey of the hop to identify any field obstructions and verify the LOS path profile
Networks require consistent maintenance and vigilance to ensure reliable service delivery and adherence to end user Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Objectives of Silverton's Network Audit services
Depending on the type of Network, Silverton's Network Audit services offer
- Network characterization and assessment
- Comparison of measured data with data on similar systems
- Recommendation of possible course of action and Network modifications
- Compilation of Network data for Network expansion, operations and maintenance
- Terminal Equipment Interface Analysis
- Voice Quality Measurement
- Network Configuration Comparison
- Trouble Ticket Analysis
Silverton's systems professionals audit, experiment and test the Networks in an effervescent environment, construct empirical Network models from the collected statistical data, locate root causes and recommend possible course of action and Network modification if required.
A detailed report of the findings of the audits and analysis of the data is compiled and presented to customer's engineering team for initiating necessary corrective actions and proactive measures for future expansions.
Our Network Audit services include
- Collect the data of the existing network from the customer
- Verify the data obtained with the site data on field
- Note the deviations if any and inform the customer through audit report
- Recommendation of possible course of action and Network modifications, if any for optimum performance of the network
- Compilation and update of Network data for Network expansion, operation and maintenance
Aster offers RF Optimization Services for existing/new GSM and CDMA network operators. This service is performed as a continuous RF engineering activity for preventive maintenance. It ensures optimum network performance to meet the Quality of Service (QoS) targets of the customer.
Quality of Service (QOS) targets as per the Operators’ specifications:
- Coverage of Service Area: Urban, Suburban, Roads or the Rural areas
- Call Success Rate
- Minimizing Handover failures
- Rx quality
- Improve Speech Quality Index for higher Network quality
- Satisfied customers resulting in low churn
- Efficient network utilization
- Reduced investment costs and increased revenue for the customers
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are a measure of successful network performance and its quality. With growing customer base and continuous addition of capacity and coverage sites, operators need to continuously monitor the KPIs of their network to assess service quality. Silverton's experienced team of RF engineers are highly capable of providing regular KPI collection, analysis and customer presentations.
Drive Test is conducted for checking coverage criteria of a cell site with RF drive test tool. The data collected by drive test tool as Log files is analyzed to evaluate various RF parameters of the network.
Optimization is carried out in the network to
- Drive Route and Site Data for the sites to be driven is taken from customer
- Drive Test LOG File of the specified Drive Route / Site is saved and the same will be handed over to customer at the end of the day
- DT Resource identify routine field optimization issues like cable swapping, missing neighbors etc., and rectify the same with the help of the customer
Network Optimization Tools Used are as the following:
- Minimize the call drop and RF interference in the network
- Increase the indoor & outdoor coverage and better speech quality
Our Passive Maintenance services for the Telecom Cell Site include:
- TEMS Investigation
- Agilent E6474A
- CDMA Air Interface Tester (CAIT)
- TEMS DeskCat
- Actix Analyzer
We provide Preventive, Corrective, Routine and Breakdown Maintenance including Diesel Filling in the Cell Sites.
- Comprehensive Maintenance
- Non-Comprehensive Maintenance
- Diesel Filling & EB Payments
We provide DG maintenance, diesel filling, first level maintenance for DG, AMF Panel, UPS, Fire Alarm System, FMC, NMS, follow up for alarms, order wire, battery voltage, level of distilled water in the secondary cells, battery charger and electrical installation of the prefabs / building and in case of any discrepancy report it to etc.,
Preventive maintenance on the BTS and antenna system include:
- Preventive Maintenance services as per the SLA / SOW
- Corrective Maintenance
- DG servicing, AC servicing and Over Hauling in accordance with the specification by OEM / Customer
- Break down Maintenance like tracking of Alarms for site outages and link failures
- Diesel filling according to the BEET PLAN to ensure the availability of HSD in the DG tank
Our Passive Maintenance services cover the following Telecom Infrastructure:
- Radio Power Management
- Voltage Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR) Measurement for RF feeder cables
- Verification and correction of Connectorization of RF / IF cables
- Validation of antenna orientations and corrections if required
- Power Plant
- Diesel Generator
- PMU (Power Management Unit)
- Fire Alarm System
- Battery Bank
- Air Conditioners
- Servo Stabilizers
- Tower / Mast / Pole
- Earth Pits
- Other Electrical Elements
Silverton's Professional Services include deployment of Resources to maintain following Active elements:
- NOC / OMCR
- MICROWAVE Engineering
Solar Energy Infrastructure Services.
Energy from the sun is the single largest source of energy on Earth. The daily insulation of light from the sun on our globe is approximately 6,000 times the total amount of energy consumed daily on Earth. Solar energy is one of the fastest growing alternative energy sources.
Solar heating panels transform the sun's energy into heat or thermal energy by heating up water. Solar heating is one of the most well-known and environmentally sustainable alternatives to traditional energy sources. Silverton is one of the global leading consultants within solar heating and has been involved in the research and development of the newest technologies, including underground seasonal storage as well as the planning and design of some of the world's largest plants. Since the cost of solar water heating from large plants is four to six times lower than that of heat from small plants, these large plants are now competitive with natural gas boilers.
The demand for large-scale solar heating plants is expected to grow in countries with warm climates, a centralized heat supply and a progressive climate change policy.
Photovoltaic's is a long-term investment with an expected lifetime of 30 to 40 years. A solar cell is a semiconductor that generates electric power by converting solar radiation into direct current electricity by exhibiting the so-called photovoltaic effect. Solar cells are produced without moving parts; therefore this is a very robust and operationally reliable technology.
Although photovoltaic systems are too expensive for commercial use, they are an option for low-energy houses in the future. For buildings in remote districts and for special appliances that are not connected to power grids, solar cells in combination with 12-volt distribution can be considered an optimal solution.
Big and small
Silverton has provided consultancy services in connection with a number of solar heating plants. The plants range in size from 200 m2 to the largest solar heating plant of more than 18,000 m2.
Silverton's consultancy services in this field comprise:
- Technical and economic feasibility studies
- Design, preparation of tender documents and approval by the authorities
- Construction management
- Testing and commissioning
- Follow-up and operation
Power Distribution & Transmission Services.
The transition towards an energy sector based on renewable energy sources requires intelligent solutions to ensure efficient and reliable transport of energy from the point of production to the consumer. A multi-disciplinary approach is called for.
The fundamental transformation of our energy system from energy production based on fossil fuels to renewable energy is still in its early years. However, an increasing number of large-scale renewable energy projects are now under construction with the aim to provide clean energy for millions of households.
This change in the composition of producing units towards a more decentralized and fluctuating power production demands a new perspective on the complete power transmission infrastructure by increasing capacity between regions. This development will be based on both high voltage AC and DC technology with an increase in offshore grid connections.
At Silverton we acknowledge that the development of the energy sector requires a holistic approach in order to provide long-term solutions for the coming generations. We focus on providing solutions that can uphold the quality of supply throughout their entire lifetime.
For Silverton, the technical solutions are only part of the delivery. It is clear that any project on the global market is characterized by increasing project complexity, demand for flexible solutions, greater focus on stakeholder involvement and decreasing cost (CAPEX & OPEX).
Silverton's consulting expertise
Silverton can offer engineering consultancy services ranging from design of HV equipment and substation automation all the way to offshore platform design and onshore constructions including civil works.
Furthermore, Silverton offers consultancy services for engineering and design of HV overhead lines. We provide solutions for mast design and redesign covering geotechnical and topographical investigations and cables.
Our HV cable competencies range from route planning, surveying and engineering to interface handling. We have experience working both offshore and onshore. We work in urban areas, remote areas as well as with offshore transmission cables or wind park array cables.
Silverton's power transmission services focus on four disciplines, which all supplement each other:
- Offshore substations
- Onshore substations
- Overhead lines
- HV cables
For every one of these segments, Silverton has the competencies to provide consultancy services covering all engineering aspects.
As a preferred solution provider, Silverton is accustomed to working as the Owner’s Engineer at EPC level. In general, our services include: .
- Technical, environmental and financial analysis and recommendations needed to support the investment decision
- Project management
- Conceptual design and layout
- Life time extension evaluation
- Management of the tendering and procurement process
- Contract management
- Supervision during construction and commissioning
- Operation and maintenance advisory services
- Project follow-up after delivery of the facility
Our competent power transmission team provides consulting services covering the entire project cycle from outline design to post construction in relation to both refurbishments and green-field power transmission projects.
Wind power Infrastructure Services:
The wind turbines are erected with utmost care with help of highly skilled engineers and labors. A combination of high capacity cranes along with supporting cranes are used in erection of the wind turbines.
The power generated from the wind turbines is passed through a network of transformers, isolators, meters and then fed to the transmission lines which transmits the power up to the on-site substation. Electrical connections between the turbines are made via on ground cables to the on-site electrical substation. These cables are laid using RSJ poles, so far as far possible, routed to follow site access tracks.
The on-site substation contains transformers, isolating switches and electricity meters and forms the interface point between the wind farm and the external grid. Depending on the size of the wind farm (and more particularly the grid connection voltage) this generally comprises a building with a floor-plan of around 50m x 70m along with an electrical switchyard.
At Silverton, service and maintenance are just as important to us as choosing the right wind turbines & sites. Thus, we want you to know that we view the operation & maintenance of the wind farm as the beginning of a close partnership that will last the next 20-25 years, or more. Our team of highly experienced and dedicated engineers is committed to ensure a trouble free operation of the wind turbines with minimal downtime.
Achieve excellence in customer service and wind power plant operations across the wind industry, worldwide.
Provide a safe and secure net for our esteemed customers (ROI), whereby there are no surprises in terms of breakdowns / unscheduled downtime.
Stay tuned to maintain a customized customer focus - in other words, optimize our sensitivity to individual customer needs, by way of a closed loop feedback mechanism